Saturday, November 15, 2014

Zoeva Vegan Prime Set + Individual Vegan Brush


If you've reached these words then you must have just finished scrolling through the photos above, and I'm sure we can both agree on the absolute beauty that are these Zoeva brushes. So beautiful in fact that it took me two months to dip the silk finish brush into foundation for the first time. I realize that's insane, but what can I say? I'm a sucker for pretty things. The idea of ruining them was unbearable so I was content with staring at clean bristles for awhile.

I suppose by now you have come to the assumption that presentation is very important to me. Zoeva did not disappoint in this department. Not only were their items packaged with love, from the black tissue sealed with their emblem to the plastic placed on individual brushes keeping them protected from damage, but they took a step further by including detailed information on the product. Inside was a small card with the name of the person that checked the quality of the brushes along with contact information to reach out to the company. Never in my years of online shopping have I come across the specific name to reference if anything happened to be wrong with my product. I also found a larger card discussing the brands mission statement which, unbeknown to me, included their work with causes supporting women in need. The brushes you receive are top notch, but you're also supporting a great cause.

Before going into the details of the brushes themselves I feel the dust bag and clutch are worth mentioning. In the past I've received travel cases of sorts with brush sets that were less than impressive. Frankly they were cheap and impractical. The bag that came with this set on the other hand is actually nice! No silly slots you have to squeeze brush handles into. Just a simple, sleek clutch. I'd also like to note that the individual brush I purchased came with its own brush bag that should come in handy when traveling for makeup storage.

After my ramblings I'm sure you're ready to hear about the ACTUAL makeup brushes. All brushes are vegan, and are included in their Vegan Prime Set (aside from a foundation brush which is sold individually in the vegan brushes section). Therefore all are made from synthetic materials as opposed to natural animal fur. Yay for keepin' it cruelty free! The first thing I noticed was how amazingly soft they were, and not the kind of slippery soft that causes your product to go everywhere. That's a nightmare. No one wants to use what can only be described as a duster to apply their makeup in the morning. These on the other hand did a perfect job of evenly distributing product onto my skin. I was shocked at how well my Tarte BB tinted treatment primer blended into my skin. Typically without a damp makeup sponge it can be a pain to apply. Overall I very VERY pleased with these brushes. If you'd like to see them in action you can head over to my youtube channel, lots of makeup tutorials with these beauties will be coming soon!


Vegan Prime Set
10 Brushes: 106 Powder • 104 Buffer • 128 Cream Cheek • 110 Face Shape • 142 Concealer Buffer • 223 Petit Eye Blender • 227 Soft Definer (v) • 235 Contour Shader • 226 Smudger • 317 Wing Liner 
Large Brush Clutch
Dust Bag

Individual Brush: 102 Silk Finish • Zipper Brush Bag


Have you tried out any of the Zoeva brushes for yourself? What's your take on them? 
If you haven't yet tried them I would recommend giving them a go! They can be purchased here on their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment