Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Fall Inspired Affordable Makeup


Fall has finally graced us with its presence and I couldn't be more excited about it! It's my all time favorite season, and given that I live in Florida I cant necessarily enjoy the changes in nature. So I thought I'd do the next best thing. Change up my makeup routine!

Now I'm not exactly rolling in $100 bills so I opted to go the more affordable route by looking into reasonably priced items. I took a more natural approach as you can see below in my most recent video, but I'd like to do something a little bit more dramatic here on the blog so stay tuned.

The e.l.f. eyeshadow quad I picked up pleasantly surprised me with its color payoff, and quality. They're soft as well as blendable and contained a beautiful range of colors that reminded me of the changing leaves. Would be a great product to throw in your bag, and I'm looking forward to grabbing more of these. The eyeliner was also a good buy. No smudging and easy to apply, which is saying something because you and I both know liquid eyeliner can be a nightmare. NYX lipstick is pretty much always a safe bet. I felt the color I chose was flattering and worked well with my skin tone.

Moving on to products I wasn't too in love with. The NYX Faux Lashes mascara was kind of a dud. The concept was alright, I always love a good fiber mascara, but it ended up getting all over the place. I had little fibers all under my eyes, which is not ideal. The waterproof concealer was actually really nice and I got complements on my skin the days I've worn it. The only thing I would say is consider using it as more of a substitute for foundation or to cover breakouts/ redness as it separated under my eyes. Other than that I'd say for under $20 I did alright!




Products in order of appearance 
e.l.f. Small Angled Brush
e.l.f. Professional Defining Eye Brush
e.l.f. Flawless Eyeshadow "Beautiful Browns"
NYX Lipstick "Chaos" #511
NYX Faux Lashes Mascara 
e.l.f. Liquid Eyeliner 
NYX Incredible Waterproof Concealer


If any of you have tried these products I'd love to hear your take on them. Also if you have any affordable makeup staples that you always HAVE to have in your collection please share!

xo, Tasha Chanté



No comments:

Post a Comment